contact us now on
01386 424 111 |
www.flipstick.co.uk is committed to protecting your privacy and maintaining the security of any personal information received from you. We strictly adhere to the requirements of the data protection legislation in the UK.
Protecting your personal information is extremely important to Flipstick, the way Flipstick collect and share your information is equally important. Flipstick manages all information provided privately and securely.
What is personal information?
When Flipstick talk about personal information Flipstick mean information about an individual that can identify them, like their name, address, e-mail address, telephone number and financial details. It can relate to customers, employees, shareholders, business contacts and suppliers. Any reference to “information” or “data” in this policy is a reference to personal information about a living individual.
What information do Flipstick hold?
Flipstick may collect and process the following personal information about you:
Type of data
Examples of how Flipstick use it
o Who you are
o How to contact you
o Servicing your product
o Analysis & profiling
o Enhancing our product and service offering
o Family details
o Financial Details
o Bank and/or card details
o How you use your product
o Changes you make to your product or account
o Processing orders and products
o Making sure our products and services are fit for purpose
o Your Purchase history
o Credit agreements
o Supplier Confidentiality Agreements
o Account records
o For re purchase information’s
o Financial and banking
o Ensure Flipstick are compliant to agreements
Consent & preferences
o Ways you want Flipstick to market to you
o Details on the devices and technology you use
Social Media Platforms
o Other information about you that is openly available on the internet
Where do Flipstick get our information from?
o Information you give Flipstick directly (when you fill in forms or contact Flipstick by phone, e-mail etc.).
o Information Flipstick collect about you or receive from other sources.
This could be information you provide to Flipstick electronically (through our website or an online portal, for example), information Flipstick get from Tender publication sites or from publicly available sources such as social media platforms.
How do Flipstick use your information?
Flipstick use personal information that Flipstick hold about you:
o To carry out our responsibilities resulting from any agreements you’ve entered into with Flipstick (e.g. manufacture and delivery of products and services) and to provide you with the information, products and services that you’ve asked from Flipstick.
o To provide you with marketing information about services and products Flipstick offer across the
Flipstick which may be of interest to you. Based on your marketing preferences, Flipstick may deliver this information by post, telephone, e-mail or personalised online marketing via our own systems such as social media platforms and/or other third-party websites e.g. YouTube. Please note that if you choose not to receive online marketing, you will not see personalised messages using your personal data, however you may still see generic online advertising. Flipstick will not sell your data to third parties for them to market to you. Flipstick may also send marketing to you using our “legitimate interests”, please see below for further information.
o To tell you about changes to our services and products.
o To comply with any applicable legal or regulatory requirements (including to comply with any applicable regulatory reporting or disclosure requirements).
o For carrying out market research, statistical analysis and customer profiling to help Flipstick to improve our processes, products and services and generate new business (e.g. to understand digital behaviour and develop more engaging communications).
o To define our actuarial, pricing, processes, marketing and business strategies.
o To run our business in an efficient and proper way. This includes testing our systems, managing our financial position, business capability, planning, communications, corporate governance, and audit.
o For any other purpose that Flipstick have agreed with you from time to time.
o Providing quotes
Using your information in accordance with Data Protection Laws?
o Providing our contracts & services to you: Flipstick will process your personal information to carry out our responsibilities resulting from any agreements you’ve entered with Flipstick and to provide you with the information, products and services you’ve asked from Flipstick
o Complying with applicable laws: Flipstick may process your personal information to comply with any legal obligation Flipstick are subject to.
- Carry out market research and product development.
- Develop and test the effectiveness of marketing activities.
- Develop, test and manage our brands, products and services.
- Study and manage how our customers use products and services from Flipstick and our business partners.
- Manage risk for Flipstick and our customers.
o Consent: Flipstick may provide you with marketing information about our services or products where you’ve provided your consent for Flipstick to do so.
You may opt out of marketing at any time by e-mailing or telephoning your customer servicing team. Alternatively, you can also opt out, simply login to our website and change your personal settings.
How Long do Flipstick keep your information for?
Flipstick will keep your personal information in accordance with our internal retention policies. Flipstick will determine the length of time Flipstick keep it for based on the minimum retention periods required by law or regulation. Flipstick will only keep your personal information after this period if there’s a legitimate and provable business reason to do so.
Who do Flipstick share your personal information with?
Flipstick will only disclose your information to:
o Our regulators, government (e.g. HMRC)
Additionally, Flipstick may disclose your personal information to third parties:
o In the event that Flipstick sell or buy any business or assets, in which case Flipstick will disclose your personal data to the prospective seller or buyer of such business or assets.
o If Flipstick, or substantially all of our assets, are acquired by a third party, in which case personal data held by Flipstick about our customers will be one of the transferred assets.
o In order to enforce or apply the terms of any contract with you.
o Carry out market research, statistical analysis and customer profiling.
You have rights under data protection law that relate to the way Flipstick process your personal data. More information on these rights can be found on the Information Commissioner’s website. If you wish to exercise any these rights, please get in touch with your customer services team. Alternatively, you can also use the Contact Flipstick section of our website.
1. The right to access the personal data that Flipstick hold about you.
2. The right to make Flipstick correct any inaccurate personal data Flipstick hold about you
3. The right to make Flipstick erase any personal data Flipstick hold about you. This right will only apply where for example):
- Flipstick no longer need to use the personal data to achieve the purpose Flipstick collected it for
- You withdraw your consent if Flipstick are using your personal data based on that consent
- Where you object to the way Flipstick use your data, and there is no overriding legitimate interest
4. The right to restrict our processing of the personal data Flipstick hold about you. This right will only apply where for example:
- You dispute the accuracy of the personal data Flipstick hold
- You would like your data erased, but Flipstick require to hold it in order to stop its processing
- You have the right to require Flipstick to erase the personal data but would prefer that our processing is restricted instead
- Where Flipstick no longer need to use the personal data to achieve the purpose Flipstick collected it for, but you need the data for legal claims.
5. The right to object to our processing of personal data Flipstick hold about you (including for the purposes of sending marketing materials to you).
6. The right to receive personal data, which you have provided to Flipstick, in a structured, commonly used and machine-readable format. You also have the right to make Flipstick transfer this personal data to another organisation.
7. The right to withdraw your consent, where Flipstick are relying on it to use your personal data (for example, to provide you with marketing information about our services or products).
Contacts and complaints
You also have the right to raise concerns with Information Commissioner’s Office on 0303 123 1113 or at https://ico.org.uk/concerns/, or any other relevant supervisory authority should your personal data be processed outside of the UK, if you believe that your data protection rights have not been adhered to.
If you have any questions about privacy please contact us on 01386 760 444